Entertainment: Halloween Movies This week, I really binged some Halloween content before the holiday. Along with some The Simpsons “Treehouse of Horror” episodes, I enjoyed It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, The Addams Family, both family favorites, in addition to my first viewing of the horror classic Scream. With all these great movies, I’ll dedicate a separate column to each, right? Wrong. I’ll take a page out of the NFL’s book and throw a bunch of desirable pieces of content together tightly so consumers can’t get the full product. Let’s start with Charlie Brown’s late October adventures. First of all, I think Charles Schultz was bullied as a child. With the characters of the cartoons saying uplifting things to the protagonist like (Disclaimer: not verbatim, but expresses the point) “You were on the list of people not to invite to the party” and “lemme give you a rock for your trick-or-treating,” there’s no plausible explanation other than the assumption that Schult...
Well, this Summer we may get a look (and hear) just what does crowd noise do to the game?
ReplyDeleteOne view is that it can be a distraction to the "scientific" coach who is always asking:"what would the stats tell me about this situation-bunt, give a free pass, steal a base(or a signal).
richard